Ana E. Hernandez
Husband: Greg; 1 Child: Gregory Eli
- Representative, Texas State House of Representatives, District 143, 2005-present
- Candidate, Texas State House of Representatives, District 143, 2018
- Candidate, Texas State Senate, District 6, 2018
- Licensing and Administrative Procedures, Member
- State Affairs, Vice Chair
- Attorney, Soto & Hernandez, Limited Liability Partnership, present
- Attorney, Carrigan, McCloskey & Roberson, Limited Liability Partnership
- Former Attorney, ConocoPhilips
- Former Attorney, Mostyn Law Firm
- Former Chief of Staff, Texas State Representative Jessica Farrar
- Employee, Texas State Representative Joe E. Moreno, 1998-2004
- Campaign Manager, State Representative Joe E. Moreno, 2000
- Member, American Heart Association Policy Council, present
- Member, Board of Directors, Houston Hispanic Bar Association, present
- Member, Board of Regents, Precinct2gether, present
- Member, Board of Regents, Texas Chiropractic College, present
- Member, Latinas on the Rise, present
- Member, State Bar of Texas, present
- Member, Tejano Democrats, present
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, present
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association, present
Community Advocacy Award (Texas Association of Bilingual Educators)
Rising Star (Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014, 2015)
2014 Distinguished Alumnus (Sam Rayburn High School)
20 Latino Democrats to Watch (Houston Chronicle)
Ana Hernandez is a Democratic member of the Texas House of Representatives, representing District 143. Hernandez was first elected to the chamber in 2005. Hernandez is running for re-election in 2018. The primary election took place on March 6, 2018. The general election is being held on November 6, 2018. She has also used the name Ana Hernandez Luna.
Hernandez is an attorney with the Mostyn Law Firm. She has worked as an attorney for ConocoPhilips, staffer of Texas State Representative Joe E. Moreno, and Chief of Staff for Texas State Representative Jessica Farrar.
Hernandez is founder of Latinas on the Rise, sits on the Board of Directors of the Houston Hispanic Bar Association, and is a member of the Precinct Together Board, State Bar of Texas, Tejano Democrats, Texas Bar Foundation Fellow, Texas Chiropractic College Board of Regents, Texas Young Lawyers Association, and Latinas on the Rise.
In August 2012, she was included in a list of 20 Latino political rising stars compiled by the San Francisco Chronicle.