Wife: Monica; 3 Children
- Lieutenant Governor, State of Maryland, 2014-present
- Candidate, Lieutenant Governor, State of Maryland, 2018
- Counsel, Benton, Potter & Murdock, Professional Corporation, 2012-2014
- Adjunct Instructor, Business Ethics, Howard Community College, 2013-2014
- Principal, Deep Water Point, 2011-2014
- Managing Member, Eastwind Strategies, Limited Liability Corporation, 2009-2014
- Strategic Advisor, Totally Green, 2011-2013
- Assistant Secretary for Administration, United States Department of Agriculture, 2006-2009
- Secretary, Maryland Department of General Services, 2003-2006
- Associate Administrator, United States General Services Administration, 2001-2003
- Member, Baltimore Washington Corridor Chamber Board of Directors, 2013-2014
- Chief Administrative Officer, Republican National Committee, 2009-2011
- Member, Baltimore Brownfields Redevelopment Council, 1998-2000
Boyd Rutherford (Republican) is the Lieutenant Governor of Maryland. Rutherford was elected to the office on November 4, 2014.
He ran on a joint ticket with the gubernatorial nominee, Larry Hogan (R).
After graduating from Howard University, Rutherford worked with Bankers Trust Company in New York, New York. He later worked as an attorney at law firms in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. Rutherford worked in various positions within the U.S. General Services Administration from 2000 to 2003. He later served as the Secretary of the Maryland Department of General Services (DGS) from 2003 to 2005. Rutherford also served for two years as the chief administrative officer with the Republican National Committee.
Rutherford was first elected to the office on November 4, 2014. He was sworn into office on January 21, 2015, replacing Anthony G. Brown (D).
- Bachelor's degree, Howard University
- Master's degree in communications management, University of Southern California
- J.D., University of Southern California