Wife: Monica; 3 Children
- Bachelor's, Economics and Political Science, Howard University
- Master's, Law and Communication Management, University of Southern California
- Lieutenant Governor, State of Maryland, 2014-present
- Former Chief Administrative Officer, Republican National Committee
- Candidate, Lieutenant Governor, State of Maryland, 2018
- Former Counsel, Benton, Potter & Murdock, Professional Corporation
- Former Managing Member, Eastwind Strategies, Limited Liability Corporation
- Former Secretary, Maryland Department of General Services
- Former Assistant Secretary, United States Department of Agriculture
- Former Associate Administrator, United States General Services Administration
Boyd Rutherford (Republican) is the Lieutenant Governor of Maryland. Rutherford was elected to the office on November 4, 2014.
After graduating from Howard University, Rutherford worked with Bankers Trust Company in New York, New York. He later worked as an attorney at law firms in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. Rutherford worked in various positions within the U.S. General Services Administration from 2000 to 2003. He later served as the Secretary of the Maryland Department of General Services (DGS) from 2003 to 2005. Rutherford also served for two years as the chief administrative officer with the Republican National Committee.
Rutherford was first elected to the office on November 4, 2014. He was sworn into office on January 21, 2015, replacing Anthony G. Brown (D).
- Bachelor's degree, Howard University
- Master's degree in communications management, University of Southern California
- J.D., University of Southern California