Brian M. Kolb
Wife: Lauren; 3 Children: Britton, Clayton, Kylie
- Minority Leader, New York State Assembly, 2009-present
- Assembly Member, New York State Assembly, 2000-present
- Candidate, New York State Assembly, District 131, 2018
- Member, School Board, Honeoye Central School, 1989
- Member, Ontario County Board of Supervisors, 1986-1987
- Town Supervision, Town of Richmond, 1986-1987
- Major, New York Guard, 2001-present
- Consultant, Stone Bridge Business Partners, 2001-present
- Adjunct Professor, Roberts Wesleyan College, 2000-present
- Notary Public, New York Department of State, present
- President, Refraction Technologies Corporation, 1994-2000
- Co-Founder/Vice President of Operations, North American Filter Corporation, 1984-1994
- Marketing Manager, Pollinger Corporation, 1981-1984
- Sales Manager, Cansten Corporation, 1974-1981
- Member, American Irish Legislators Society, present
- Board Member, American Red Cross Blood Services, present
- Member, Board of Directors, Ontario Charities Classic, present
- Member, Canandaigua Rotary Club, present
- Member, Heartland Institute's Board of Legislative Advisors, present
- Member, Merrill Hose Fire Company, present
- Member, New York Guard, present
- Member, Rochester District Board of Directors, Key Bank, present
- Member, Shooters' Committee on Political Education (SCOPE), present
- Member, Sons of the American Legion Honeoye Chapter, present
- Member, American Legislative Exchange Council, present
- Former Chair, Board of Directors, Leadership Rochester
- Member, Board of Directors, Thompson Health System Senior Living Services, present
- Member, Knights of Columbus, present
- Member, League of Women Voters, present
- Member, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), present
- Member, National Conference of State Legislators, present
- Member, National Rifle Association (NRA), present
- Member, New York Farm Bureau
- Member, Ontario County Revolving Loan Committee
- Member, Safari Club International
- Chair, Board of Trustees, Finger Lakes Community College Foundation, 1999-2000
Awaken the Giant Within, Moneyball, Big Russ and Me, and way too many to mention here.
The Godfather, Bourne Ultimatum, Forrest Gump
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..."
Samuel Adams, American Patriot
Favorite TV Shows:
The Unit, Two and a Half Men, Law & Order SVU
Favorite Type of Music:
Motown but you can find me listening to almost anything but bad music.
Hobbies or Special Talents:
Sports of all kinds especially high school and college basketball.
Brian Kolb (Republican) is a member of the New York State Assembly, representing District 131. Kolb was elected to the office on February 1, 2000.
He was first elected to the chamber in a special election in February 2000. Kolb currently serves as House minority leader.
He previously represented District 129 in the Assembly from February 2000 to 2013. Kolb is also a member of the school board for Honeoye Central School and Ontario County Board of Supervisors; and town supervision for the Town of Richmond.
Kolb earned his A.A. from Saint Petersburg Junior College and his B.S. and M.S. from Roberts Wesleyan College.
His professional experience includes being a notary public for the New York Department of State, a major in the New York Guard, a consultant for Stone Bridge Business Partners and an adjunct professor for Roberts Wesleyan College. Kolb is a former President of the Refractions Technologies Corporation, a former Vice President of Operations and co-founder of North American Filter Corporation, a former marketing manager for Pollinger Corporation and a former sales manager for Cansten Corporation.