Christopher 'Chris' S. Friend
Wife: Renée; 4 Children: Brianna, Joshua, Ashley, Elijah
Big Flats, NY
Big Flats, NY
- BS, Chemistry, University of New Hampshire
- Former Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship (IGERT) Fellow, Education
- MS, Chemistry, State University of New York at Buffalo
- PhD, Chemistry, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Assembly Member, New York State Assembly, 2010-present
- Candidate, New York State Assembly, District 124, 2018
- Former Member, Chemung County Legislature, 2006-2010
- Children and Families, Member
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions, Member
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry, Member
- Local Governments, Member
- Former Member, Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Member, Chemung County Republican Committee
- Former Member, Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Former Member, Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Board Member/Parade Coordinator, Big Flats Community Days
- Member, Big Flats Lions Club
- Member, Board of Directors, Steuben County Young Republicans
- Committee Member, Chemung County Nursing Facility
- Assistant Coach, River Rats Swim Team
Christopher Friend (Republican) is a member of the New York State Assembly, representing District 124. Friend was elected to the office in 2010.
He was first elected to the chamber in 2011.
He previously represented District 137 in the Assembly from 2011 to 2013. Friend has been involved with local government for the Town of Big Flats and elected to the Chemung County Legislature.
Friend earned his B.S. in Chemistry from the University of New Hampshire and his M.S. and Ph.D. in Chemistry from State University of New York at Buffalo.