Eva B. Zimmerman
Hartford , CT
- Member, Newtown Legislative Council, District 2, 2014-2015
- Field Lead, Barack Obama's Presidential Campaign, 2012
- Field Coordinator/Office Manager, Dan Malloy for Governor, 2010
- Campaign Manager, Edwin Vargas for State Senate, 2010
- Assister, Access Health Connecticut, 2014-present
- Organizer, Child Care Director, Local 2001, Service Employees International Union (SEIU), 2012-present
- Employee, Local 1199, New England Health Care Employees Union (NEHCU), 2010-2012
- Organizer, Local 1199, Service Employees International Union (SEIU), 2010-2012
- Legislative Aide/Intern, United States Congress, 2009-2010
- Legislative Aide/Intern, Congressman Charles Rangel, 2008-2009
- Organizer, United States Special Interest Research Group (PIRG), 2004-2005
- Member, Democratic Town Committee of Hartford & Newtown, 2011-present
- Secretary, Hearbeat Ensemble, 2011-present
- Board Member/Treasurer, Coalition to Strengthen the Sheldon/Charter Oak Neighborhood (CSS/CON), 2009-present
- Activist, Connecticut Center for a New Economy, 2010-2012
- Member, Connecticut Citizen Action Group, 2010-2012
Eva Zimmerman (Democrat) was a candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Connecticut. Zimmerman lost the primary on August 14, 2018.
Zimmerman was a 2016 Democratic candidate for District 106 of the Connecticut House of Representatives.
Before working as an organizer for the Service Employees International Union,, Bermudez Zimmerman served on the Newtown legislative council. She unsuccessfully ran for the Connecticut House of Representatives in 2016. Her parents came to the mainland United States from Puerto Rico. When she was 2 years old, she was a plaintiff in Sheff v. O'Neill, a Connecticut Supreme Court decision that said the state's school districting plan discriminated against racial and ethnic minorities.