Gary R. George
Wife: Patricia; 4 Children
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 1979
- BBA, Accounting, University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1976
- Candidate, United States House of Representatives, Wisconsin, District 4, 2016, 2018
- Candidate, United States House of Representatives, District 4, 2014
- Senator, Wisconsin State Senate, District 6, 1980-2003
- Candidate, Governor of Wisconsin, 1998, 2002
- Senate President Pro Tempore 1999-2001, Senate President Pro Tempore, 1999-2001
- Attorney, Gary R. George Law Offices, 1979-present
- Member, Democratic Party of Wisconsin
- Member, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
Gary George (Democrat) was a candidate for Wisconsin's 4th Congressional District in the U.S. House. George lost the primary on August 14, 2018.
George was a 2016 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 4th Congressional District of Wisconsin. George was defeated by incumbent Gwen Moore in the Democratic primary on August 9, 2016.
George was a 2014 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 4th Congressional District of Wisconsin. Incumbent Gwen Moore defeated George in the Democratic primary.
George was a Democratic member of the Wisconsin State Senate. He represented the 6th District from 1981 until 2003, when he was recalled from office. He is the second senator to be recalled in state history.