James F. Gaughran
Wife: Carol; 2 Children: Kaitlin, Michael
- Senator, New York State Senate, District 5, 2019-present
- Former Member, Huntington Town Board
- Former Member, Suffolk County Legislature
- Candidate, New York State Senate, District 5, 2018
- Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Committee, Member
- Commerce, Economic Development and Small Business Committee, Member
- Higher Education Committee, Member
- Local Government Committee, Chair
- Racing, Gaming and Wagering Committee, Member
- Women's Issues Committee, Member
James Gaughran (Democrat) is a member of the New York State Senate, representing District 5. Gaughran was elected to the office on November 6, 2018.
Gaughran was previously a 2016 Democratic candidate for the same seat.