James 'Jim' N. Mathias, Jr.
Wife: Kathy; 2 Children: Lauren, Trevor
- Senator, Maryland State Senate, District 38, 2010-2019
- Candidate, Maryland State Senate, District 38, 2018
- Delegate, Maryland State House of Delegates, District 38B, 2006-2011
- Appointed, Delegate, Maryland State House of Delegates, June 2006
- Mayor, Ocean City, 1996-2006
- Member, City Council, Ocean City, 1990-1996
- Board of Zoning Appeals, Ocean City, 1987-1990
- Member, Engine 703, Ocean City Volunteer Fire Company
- Member, Knights of Columbus, present
- Former Chair, Ocean City Humane Society Commission
- Member, Saint Mary's Star of the Sea Parish, present
- Former Chair, Worcester County Ambulance Service Committee
- President, Lower Eastern Shore Mayors Association, 2004
- State Chair, Walk America, March of Dimes, 2004
- Member, Maryland Commission for Celebration, 2000, 1997-2001
James N. Mathias Jr. (b. September 2, 1951) is a Democratic member of the Maryland State Senate, representing District 38. He was first elected to the chamber in 2010. Mathias is running for re-election in the primary on June 26, 2018. The general election will take place on November 6, 2018.
He previously served in the Maryland House of Delegates from 2006 to 2011 and as Mayor of Ocean City from 1996 to 2006.
Mathias' professional experience includes owning a small business.