Jennifer B. Boysko
Husband: Glenn; 2 Children: Hannah, Sophie Claire
Pine Bluff, AR
- BA, Psychology & French, Hollins College, 1985-1989
- Senator, Commonwealth of Virginia Senate, District 33, 2019-present
- Delegate, Commonwealth of Virginia House of Delegates, District 86, 2016-2019
- Candidate, Commonwealth of Virginia Senate, District 33, 2019
- General Laws and Technology, Member
- Rehabilitation and Social Services, Member
- Transportation, Member
- Former Member, Counties, Cities and Towns Committee, Commonwealth of Virginia House of Delegates
- Staff Representative, Dranesville APR Task Force
- Former Member, Privileges and Elections Committee, Commonwealth of Virginia House of Delegates
- Former Member, Subcommittee #1 (Counties, Cities and Towns), Commonwealth of Virginia House of Delegates
- Former Member, Subcommittee on Appointments, Commonwealth of Virginia House of Delegates
- Citizen Member, Virginia Board of Real Estate, 2014-2016
- Aide, Office of Dranesville Supervisor John Foust, Fairfax County Government, 2008-2013
- Co-State Director for Virginia, Presidential Campaign for Governor Howard Dean, 2003-2004
- Legislative Assistant, Bayless, Boland, Madigan & Barrett, Inc, 1991-1994
- Office Aide, United States Senator Richard Shelby, 1989-1990
- Member, 11th District, State Central Committee, Democratic Party of Virginia, present
- Board Member, C-4, NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia, present
- Member, Council for the Arts of Herndon, present
- Founder, Dulles Area Democrats, present
- Member, Herndon High School Sports Boosters, present
- Member, Northern Virginia Democratic Business Council, present
- Member, Safe Community Coalition, present
- Member, St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, present
- Member, Unified Prevention Coalition, present
- Member, Cornerstones
- Former Vice President, Herndon Fortnightly Club
- Former Executive Board Member/Parent Education Chair, Herndon High School Parent, Teacher, Student Association
- Member, Herndon Optimists
- Former Trustee, Montessori Country School
- Former Delegate, Region V, Episcopal Diocese of Virginia
- Member, Reston Interfaith
- Member, The Rotary Club of Herndon
- Former Member, Virginia Board of Real Estate
- Member, Emerge Virginia, 2014
Audrey Hepburn, Steve Carrell, Tina Fey, Sidney Poitier, Gregory Peck, Amy Poehler.
Jane Erye, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Book Thief, The Fountainhead, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Autobiography of Nelson Mandela, Life of Pi, The Confederacy of Dunces, The Harry Potter Series, His Dark Materials trilogy, Pride and Prejudice, anything by Joseph Campbell
Breakfast from the Virginia Kitchen, Wings from Jimmy's Old Town Tavern, Chicken Souvlaki from Mediterranean Breeze, everything from Angeethi.
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
Herndon High School Hornets! Especially the boy's Basket Ball team and the girl's Lacrosse and Field Hockey teams.
Jennifer Boysko (Democrat) is a member of the Virginia State Senate, representing District 33. Boysko is running in the general election on November 5, 2019, after advancing from the primary on June 11, 2019.
Boysko previously represented District 86 of the Virginia House of Delegates from 2016 to 2019. She won her seat in the Virginia State Senate in a special election on January 8, 2019.
Boysko graduated from Hollins College, in Roanoke, VA. She worked as a legislative aide for U.S. Senator Richard Shelby of Alabama and Dranesville Supervisor John Foust.