José R. Peralta
Wife: Evelyn; 2 Children: Matthew, Myles
Jackson Heights, NY
- Former Democratic Conference Whip, New York State Senate
- Senator, New York State Senate, District 13, 2010-2018
- Candidate, New York State Senate, District 13, 2018
- Former Minority Whip, New York State Senate, 2010-2016
- Assembly Member, New York State Assembly, District 39, 2002-2010
- Won Special Election, Senator, New York State Senate, 2010
- Director, Commission on the Dignity for Immigrants, New York City Labor Council
- Community Liaison, New York State Assemblyman Brian McLaughlin
- Member, Community Board 3
- Former Member, Dominican American Hispanic Congress
- Former Member, Dominican American Society
- Former Member, Gran Alliance of Queens
- Former Member, Inter-American Political and Civic Parliament
- Former Member, John Fitzgerald Kennedy Democratic Club
- Former Member, Local 153 Office and Professional Employees International Union
- Member, New Century Democratic Club
- Member, Northside Democratic Club
Jose Peralta was a Democratic member of the New York State Senate, representing District 13. Peralta passed away November 21, 2018.
Peralta was a part of the eight-member Independent Democratic Conference in the New York State Senate until April 2018. He and five other former IDC members lost to progressive challengers in the September 13 Democratic primaries.
Peralta was first elected to the chamber in a special election in 2010. He previously served in the New York State Assembly, where he represented District 39 from 2002 to 2010.