Joseline A. Pena-Melnyk
Married; 3 Children: Camilo, Alejandra, Katerina
College Park, MD
- Delegate, Maryland State House of Delegates, District 21, 2006-present
- Candidate, United States House of Representatives, Maryland, District 4, 2016
- Council Member, College Park City Council, 2003-2006
- Behavioral Health and Opioid Use Disorders, Member
- Health and Government Operations, Vice Chair
- Legislative Policy, Member
- Maryland Health Insurance Coverage Protection Commission, Co-Chair
- Rules and Executive Nominations, Member
- Subcommittee on Government Operations and Estates and Trusts, Member
- Subcommittee on Public Health and Minority Health Disparities, Chair
- Assistant United States Attorney, Office of the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, United States Department of Justice, 1997-1999
- Attorney, Defender Association of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1991-1992
- Co-Chair, Latino Leadership Council, Maryland Democratic Party, 2010-present
- Former Member, CASA de Maryland Incorporated
- Former Member, College Park Recreation Board
- Member, College Park Rotary Club
- Member, Eastern Region Board of Directors, Women in Government
- Member, North College Park Civic Association
- Member, West College Park Civic Association
Municipal Super Star, Maryland Municipal League, 2008
Legislator of the Year, Prince George's Young Democrats, 2014
Legislator of the Year, Maryland Association of Resources for Family and Youth
Legislator of the Year, Mid-Atlantic Behavioral Health Conference
Trail Blazer Exceptional Service Award, Prince George's County Democratic Central Committee
Joseline A. Pena-Melnyk is a Democratic member of the Maryland House of Delegates, representing District 21. She was first elected to the chamber in 2006. Pena-Melnyk is running for re-election in the primary on June 26, 2018. The general election will take place on November 6, 2018.
Pena-Melnyk served on the College Park City Council from 2003-2006.
Pena-Melnyk was a 2016 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 4th Congressional District of Maryland. Pena-Melnyk was defeated by Anthony Brown in the primary.
Pena-Melnyk's professional experience includes working as ssistant U.S. Attorney in the District of Columbia, and an Attorney with the Defender Association of Philadelphia.