Kelda Helen Roys
Husband: Dan; 2 Children; 2 Step-Children
- JD, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2001-2004
- BA, Politics/Drama/Cultural Studies, New York University, 1997-2000
- Minority Caucus Chairperson
- Candidate, Governor of Wisconsin, 2018
- Candidate, United States House of Representatives, District 2, 2012
- Assembly Member, Wisconsin State Assembly, 2008-2012
- Member, Legal Services Committee, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Founder/Chief Executive Officer/Chair, OpenHomes, 2013-present
- Employee, Wisconsin Innocence Project
- Attorney, Wheeler, Van Sickle & Anderson, Service Corporation, 2010-2013
- Executive Director, National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League (NARAL) Wisconsin, 2004-2008
- Real Estate Salesperson, The Marketing Directors, 1999-2001
- Member, TEMPO Madison Board of Directors, 2013-present
- Member, Wisconsin State Bar Association, 2004-present
- Member, Legal Assistance for Women, 2003-present
- Member, Board of Directors, Public Interest Law Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors, Sherman Neighborhood Association
- Trainer/Advisor, Emerge Wisconsin
- Volunteer, The River Food Pantry
- Attorney, Wills for Heroes
- Co-Chair, Capital Campaign, Creative Learning Preschool & Childcare Center, 2014-2016
- Member, Common Cause Board of Directors, 2012-2016
- Member, Citizen Action of Wisconsin Board of Directors, 2011-2014
- Member, Wisconsin Women's Council Board of Directors, 2009-2011
- Member, Board of Directors, Madison Repertory Theater, 2007-2009
- Member, Dane County Democratic Party Board of Directors, 2005-2008
- Member, Board of Directors, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Wisconsin, 2001-2004
Kelda Roys (Democrat) was a candidate for Governor of Wisconsin. Roys lost the primary on August 14, 2018.
for more information on the August 14 Democratic primary election. for more information on the November 6 general election.
Roys is a former Democratic member of the Wisconsin State Assembly, representing the 81st District from 2009 to 2013. She served as minority caucus chair.
Roys received her J.D. from the University of Wisconsin, Madison Law School, and B.A. from New York University. She has worked as an attorney and Executive Director of NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin.
Roys is a member of the Legal Assistance for Women, Board of Directors, Madison Repertory Theatre, TEMPO, Madison, and Wisconsin Bar Association.