Marvin E. Holmes, Jr.
Wife: Maggie; 4 Children
- Delegate, Maryland State House of Delegates, District 23B, 2002-present
- Former Majority Caucus Chair, Maryland State House of Delegates
- Deputy Majority Whip, Maryland State House of Delegates, 2006-2010
- Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review (AELR), Member
- Environment and Transportation, Member
- Subcommittee on Housing and Real Property, Chair
- Subcommittee on Land Use and Ethics, Member
- Project Manager, Land Planning and Engineering, K. Hovnanian, 2003-present
- President/Chief Executive Officer, The Piner Group Incorporated, 1993-present
- New Home Marketing and Sales, Bernie Schultz Realty, 2002-2004
- New Home Sales Consultant, United States Home Corporation, 1998-2002
- Employee, W.F. Chesley Real Estate Incorporated, 1989-2002
- Senior Project Manager, Greenman-Pedersen, Incorporated, 1997-1998
- Branch Manager, The Tech Group Incorporated, 1995-1998
- Executive Director, Marketing and Planning, The Tech Group Incorporated, 1995-1996
- Senior Civil Engineering Project Manager, Greenhorne & O'Mara Incorporated, 1984-1993
- Search and Rescue Air Crewman, United States Coast Guard, 1970-1974
- Historian, Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland, 2011-present
- Member, Greater Mount Nebo African Methodist Episcopal Church
Marvin E. Holmes, Jr. (b. November 27, 1948) is a Democratic member of the Maryland House of Delegates, representing District 23B. He was first elected to the chamber in 2002. Holmes is running for re-election in the primary on June 26, 2018. The general election will take place on November 6, 2018.
Holmes previously served as Majority Caucus Leader.
Holmes' professional experience includes working as Project Manager of Land Planning and Engineering for K Hovnanian, and President & Chief Executive Officer of The Piner Group, in New Home Marketing and Sales for Bernie Schultz, New Home Sales Consultant for the United States Home Corporation, and for W.F. Chesley Real Estate, Incorporated.