Matthew 'Matt' D. Ritter
Wife: Marilyn; 2 Children: Jack, Emma
- JD, University of Connecticut School of Law, 2004-2007
- BA, Government, Colby College, 2000-2004
- Majority Leader, Connecticut State House of Representatives, 2017-present
- Representative, Connecticut State House of Representatives, District 1, 2010-present
- Former Member, Hartford City Council
- Candidate, Connecticut State House of Representatives, District 1, 2018
- Former Member, Banks Committee, Connecticut State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Executive and Legislative Nominations Committee, Connecticut General Assembly
- Former Chair, Legislative Affairs Committee, Hartford City Council
- Former Member, Planning and Development Committee, Connecticut State House of Representatives
- Former Chair, Planning and Economic Development Committee, Hartford City Council
- Former Co-Chair, Public Health Committee, Connecticut State House of Representatives
- Associate, Shipman & Goodwin Limited Liability Partnership, 2007-present
Children's Champion, Connecticut Early Childhood Alliance, 2011,
Hartford Business Journal's 40 Under Forty, 2014.
In 2015 Matt was named a "Community Champion" by the Connecticut Community Providers Association
Pets (include names):
Matthew Ritter (Democrat) is a member of the Connecticut House of Representatives, representing District 1. Ritter was elected to the office in 2010.
Ritter formerly served on the Hartford City Council as chair of the planning and economic development committee and chair of the legislative affairs committee of the Hartford City Council.
Ritter earned his B.A. in Government from Colby College in 2004 and his J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 2007. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.