Matthew 'Matt' D. Ritter
Wife: Marilyn; 2 Children: Jack, Emma
- Majority Leader, Connecticut State House of Representatives, 2017-present
- Representative, Connecticut State House of Representatives, District 1, 2010-present
- Former Member, Hartford City Council
- Candidate, Connecticut State House of Representatives, District 1, 2018
- Legislative Management, Vice Chair
- Associate, Shipman & Goodwin Limited Liability Partnership, 2007-present
- Associate Editor, Connecticut Law Review
- Former Chair, Legislative Affairs Committee, Hartford City Council
- Former Chair, Planning and Economic Development Committee, Hartford City Council
Children's Champion, Connecticut Early Childhood Alliance, 2011,
Hartford Business Journal's 40 Under Forty, 2014.
In 2015 Matt was named a "Community Champion" by the Connecticut Community Providers Association
Pets (include names):
Matthew Ritter (Democrat) is a member of the Connecticut House of Representatives, representing District 1. Ritter was elected to the office in 2010.
Ritter formerly served on the Hartford City Council as chair of the planning and economic development committee and chair of the legislative affairs committee of the Hartford City Council.
Ritter earned his B.A. in Government from Colby College in 2004 and his J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 2007. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.