Patrick 'Pat' G. Young
Married; 1 Child
- Deputy Majority Whip, Maryland State House of Delegates, 2017-present
- Delegate, Maryland State House of Delegates, District 44B, 2015-present
- Candidate, Maryland House of Delegates, District 44B, 2014
- Appropriations, Member
- Legislative Information Technology and Open Government, Member
- Management of Public Funds, Co-Chair
- Oversight Committee on Personnel, Vice Chair
- Pensions, Member
- Subcommittee on Health and Social Services, Member
- Director, Department of Veteran's Services, Towson University, 2015-present
- Coordinator of Veterans Services, Towson University, 2010-2015
- Corporal, United States Marine Corps, 2001-2005
- Member, Institutional Review Board, University of Maryland, College Park
- Member, Maryland Veterans Commission
- Member, National Eagle Scout Association
Reason for Seeking Public Office:
I was born and raised in the new district of 44B. I believe in the power of people and that the interests of our communities are communicated to our representatives through the voices of its citizens. As your delegate I pledge my time and personal effort to engaging with you in every way possible in order to represent the concerns of district in Annapolis.
I have not just seen our communities grow I have lived through the advancement of my home town. We have an opportunity as a community to elect local representatives that will put our communities and neighborhoods first. Being elected the new delegate of district 44B doesn't just mean an opportunity to represent a district, but the opportunity to represent the only home I've ever known. Together we can ensure that district 44B has a voice that is informed and guided by the people that live within it's boarders.
Pat Young (Democrat) is a member of the Maryland House of Delegates, representing District 44B.