Paul R. Doyle
- Attended, University College Galway, Ireland
- Attended, University of Notre Dame Law School, London, England
- JD, University of Connecticut School of Law, 1990
- BA, History, Colby College, 1985
- Former Majority Whip, Connecticut State Senate
- Deputy Majority Leader, Connecticut State Senate, 2013-2019
- Senator, Connecticut State Senate, District 9, 2006-2019
- Candidate, Connecticut Attorney General, 2018
- Representative, Connecticut State House of Representatives, District 28, 1994-2006
- Member, Wethersfield Town Council, 1991-1994
- Treasurer, Town of Wethersfield, 1989-1991
- Former Executive Assistant, Democratic State Central Committee
- Former Vice Chair, Energy and Technology Committee, Connecticut State Senate
- Former Member, Executive and Legislative Nominations Committee, Connecticut State Senate
- Former Chair, Judiciary Committee, Connecticut State Senate
- Former Member, Legislative Management Committee, Connecticut State Senate
- Former Chair, Regulation Review Committee, Connecticut State Senate
- Partner, Heneghan, Kennedy and Doyle Limited Liability Company, present
- Member, Board of Directors, Inter-Community Mental Health Group
- Interviewer, Colby College Alumni
- Liaison, Wethersfield Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Wethersfield Memorial Parade Committee
Paul Doyle is a former Democratic member of the Connecticut State Senate, representing District 9 from 2007 to 2019.
Doyle was a liaison for the Wethersfield Chamber of Commerce. He was also an executive assistant for the Democratic State Central Committee. He was treasurer of the Town of Wethersfield from 1989 to 1991. He then served on the Wethersfield Town Council from 1991 to 1994. He served in the Connecticut State House of Representatives, District 28, from 1994 to 2006.
Doyle attended University College in Galway, Ireland. He then earned his B.A. in history from Colby College. He also attended the University of Notre Dame Law School in London, England. He later received his J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law.
Doyle was a Toll Fellow in 1997. He went on to become an attorney for Heneghan, Kennedy and Doyle Limited Liability Company. Doyle has a wife, Diana.
In June 2016, Doyle provided information that assisted in the arrest of a bank robber. Doyle was able to provide this information because he halted the robbery in progress by chasing the suspect. The robber, who had since been caught and serving time for drug charges, was arrested for the attempted robbery at the end of his sentence for drug charges.