Paul R. Soglin
Wife: Sara, 3 children
- LLB, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1972
- MA, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1969
- BA, History, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1966
- Mayor, City of Madison, Wisconsin, 1973-1979, 1989-1997, 2011-present
- Candidate, Governor of Wisconsin, 2018
- Member, City of Madison Common Council, 1968-1973
- Alderperson, Madison, Wisconsin, 1968-1972
- No committee memberships found.
- More information about Madison's committees
- Former Administrator, Epic Systems
- Former Professor, LaFollete School of Public Affairs
- Former Financial Advisor, Lincoln Financial
- McBurney, Wyngaard, Wilson, Raymond & Soglin, 1986-1989
- President, Great Northwest Land & Title, Incorporated, 1986-1988
- Fellow, Harvard University Kennedy School of Government, 1979-1980
- Member, Biotechnology Industry Organization
- Member, Government Finance Officers Association
- Member, National Conference of Democratic Mayors
- Member, United States Conference of Mayors
- Public Sector Representative Trustee, Financial Accounting Foundation, 1995-2000
- Chair, State and Local Budgeting, National Advisory Council, 1995-1997
war and peace, Catch 22, The Count of Monte Christo The Old Man and the Sea, They Marched into Sunlight, The Outfit, Studs Lonigan
Once upon a time in America, It Happened One Night, Citizen Kane, Pulp Fiction, To Kill a Mockingbird, Schindlers List, On the Waterfront, Casablanca, Young Frankenstein, The Graduate
Leo Sidran, Lou and Peter Berryman, The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, The Terry Hanck Band
"The secret to managing is to keep the guys who hate you away from the ones who are undecided." Casey Stengel
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain
"I had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." Groucho Marx
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." Thomas Jefferson
Paul Soglin (Nonpartisan) is a former Mayor of Madison in Wisconsin. Soglin was defeated in the general election on April 2, 2019.
He was in office from 2011 to 2019.
Soglin previously held the office of mayor in Madison from 1973 to 1979 and 1989 to 1997. He also ran for Mayor in 2003, but lost to Dave Cieslewicz. After stating in July 2017 that he would not seek re-election, Soglin announced a re-election bid on October 19, 2018.
Soglin was a Democratic candidate for governor of Wisconsin. He lost in the primary on August 14, 2018.
Soglin made an unsuccessful bid in 1997 to represent Wisconsin's 2nd congressional district in the United States House of Representatives.
Soglin served on the Madison Common Council from 1968 to 1972.
Soglin graduated from Hyde Park High School in Chicago, Illinois. He obtained a B.A. in history and a J.D. from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- 2011-2019: Mayor of Madison
- 2003: Candidate for Mayor of Madison
- 1997: Candidate for Wisconsin's 2nd congressional district in the United States House of Representatives
- 1989-1997: Mayor of Madison
- 1973-1979: Mayor of Madison
- 1968-1972: Madison City Council