Raymond 'Ray' W. Walter
Wife: Jennifer; 2 Children: Ray, Jack
East Amherst, NY
- JD, State University of New York School of Law, Buffalo, 2007
- BA, History, State University of New York, Geneseo, 1994
- Minority Steering Vice Chair, New York State Assembly, 2017-2019
- Assembly Member, New York State Assembly, District 146, 2012-2019
- Candidate, New York State Assembly, District 146, 2018
- Legislator, Erie County Legislature, 2009-2011
- Former Member, Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Former Member, Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Former Member, Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Former Member, Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Former Member, Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
- Former Research Assistant, Erie County Charter Revision Commission
- Former Law Clerk, Erie County District Attorneys Office
- Attorney, Magavern Magavern Grimm Limited Liability Partnership, 2007-present
- Former Law Clerk, United States Attorney's Office
- Former Member, Amherst Traffic Safety Board
- Coach, Amherst Youth Basketball
- Member, Board of Directors, Amherst Senior Citizens Foundation
- Member, County Executives Council on Economic Development, Erie County
- Former Member, Erie County Cultural Resources Advisory Board
- Former President, Federalist Society, Buffalo
- Former Member, Student Bar Association
Raymond Walter (Republican) is a former member of the New York State Assembly, representing District 146. Walter was defeated in the general election on November 6, 2018.
He was first elected to the chamber in a special election on November 8, 2011.
He previously represented District 148 in the Assembly from 2012 to 2013.
Walter earned his B.A. in history from the University of New York College at Geneseo in 1994 and his J.D. from State University of New York School of Law at Buffalo in 2007. His professional experience includes working as an attorney at Magavern Magavern Grimm LLP, as a research assistant at the Erie County Charter Revision Commission and as a law clerk at the Erie County District Attorney?s Office.