Stephen S. Hershey, Jr.
Queenstown, MD, MD
- Minority Whip, Maryland State Senate, 2015-present
- Board of Directors, Upper Shore Regional Council, District 36, 2014-present
- Senator, Maryland State Senate, District 36, 2013-present
- Candidate, Maryland State Senate, District 36, 2018
- Member, Business Climate Works Group, District 36, 2013
- Member, House of Delegates, District 36, 01/12/11-10/01/2013
- Deputy Minority Whip, Maryland State House of Delegates, District 36, 2013
- Delegate, Maryland State House of Delegates, District 36, 2010-2013
- Appointed by Governor O'Malley, Maryland State Senate, District 36, September 18, 2013
- Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review (AELR), Member
- Cybersecurity, Information Technology and Biotechnology, Member
- Executive Nominations, Member
- Finance, Member
- Legislative Ethics, Member
- Legislative Policy, Member
- Marijuana Legalization Workgroup, Member
- Rules, Member
- Subcommittee on Energy and Public Utilities, Member
- Unemployment Insurance Oversight, Member
- Vice-President, Jones Lang LaSalle, 2006-present
- Assistant Secretary, Department of Natural Resources, 2004-2006
- Assistant Secretary of Planning, 2003-2004
- Vice-President, Trammell Crow Company, 1999-2003
- Member, Bainbridge Development Advisory Board, 2011-present
- Member, Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic Church, Centreville
- Youth Football Coach, 2006-2009
- President, Queen Anne's County Republican Club, 2002-2004
- Chair, Queen Anne's County Tricentennial Celebration Committee, 2004
Stephen S. Hershey Jr. (b. May 2, 1964) is a Republican member of the Maryland State Senate, representing District 36. He was first appointed to the chamber on September 18, 2013. Hershey is running for re-election in the primary on June 26, 2018. The general election will take place on November 6, 2018.
Hershey served in the Maryland House of Delegates, representing District 36 from 2011 to 2013, when he resigned to join the Senate.
Hershey earned his B.C.E. in Civil Engineering from the Catholic University of America in 1987 and his MBA from George Washington University in 2002. His professional experience includes working as the Vice President of Jones Lang LaSalle.