Steven 'Steve' C. Englebright
Wife: June; 2 Children: Christina, Jennifer
East Setauket, NY
- MS, Paleontology/Sedimentology, State University of New York, Stony Brook, 1974
- BS, University of Tennessee, 1969
- Assembly Member, New York State Assembly, 1992-present
- Candidate, New York State Assembly, District 4, 2018
- County Legislator, Suffolk County Legislature, 1983-1992
- Education, Member
- Energy, Member
- Environmental Conservation, Chair
- Higher Education, Member
- Rules, Member
- Chair, Assembly Committee on Governmental Operations
- Former Chair, Parks Committee, Suffolk County Legislature
- Chair, Committee on Tourism, Arts, Parks and Sports Development, New York State Assembly, 2007-2011
- Chair, Committee on Aging, New York State Assembly, 2001-2007
- Former Curator, Geologic Collections, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Former Director, Museum of Long Island Natural Sciences, State University of New York
- Member, Stony Brook Rotary Club
- Member, Three Village Civic Association
- Member, Three Village Historical Society
Steven Englebright (Democrat) is a member of the New York State Assembly, representing District 4. Englebright was elected to the office on February 1, 1992.
He was first elected to the chamber in a special election in February 1992.
Englebright was also a county legislator for Suffolk County Legislature from 1983-1992.
Englebright earned his B.S. from the University of Tennessee and his M.S. in Paleontology and Sedimentology from the State University of New York at Stony Brook. His professional experience includes Director of the Museum of Long Island Natural Sciences at State University of New York and Curator of Geologic collections for the State University of New York at Stony Brook.