Wife: Suzanne; 2 Children
- MBA, University of Pennsylvania
- MBA, Entrepreneurship, Finance, The Wharton School, 1994-1996
- BS, Electrical Engineering, United States Naval Academy, 1985-1989
- Candidate, Connecticut Governor, 2018
- Candidate, United States House of Representatives, District 4, 2012
- High Tech Chief Executive Officer, Saugatuk Advisory, 2012-present
- Adjunct Professor, Business and Entrepreneurship, Sacred Heart University, 2010-present
- Chief Executive Officer, Chair, Quintel, 2007-2012
- Venture Advisor, SRI International, 2005-2006
- President, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Calabrio, Incorporated, 2002-2005
- President, Chief Executive Officer, Discern Communications, 2000-2003
- Vice President, Business Development, Product Marketing, Diva Systems, 1997-2000
- Management Consultant, Vertex Partners, 1996-1997
- Lieutenant, United States Navy, 1989-1994
- Mentor, Advisor, The Refinery, 2014-present
- Board Member, Westport Weston Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA), 2013-present
- Member, National Advisory Board, United States Business Administration
- Founder, President, Imagine Connecticut, 2015-2017
Steve Obsitnik (Republican) was a candidate for Governor of Connecticut. Obsitnik lost the primary on August 14, 2018.
for more information on the August 14 Republican primary election. for more information on the November 6 general election.
Obsitnik was a 2012 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 4th Congressional District of Connecticut. Obsitnik ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. He was defeated in the general election by incumbent Jim Himes.
- The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, M.B.A.
- U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, B.S. in electrical engineering
- Stamford High School
- U.S. Navy, Lieutenant on board the U.S.S. Ray (SSN653)
A summary of Obsitnik's professional work include:
- SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute), research and development organization
- Sarnoff Corporation, research and development organization
- CEO of Quintel, a provider of wireless infrastructure to mobile operators with operations in the U.S., Europe and Asia.