Timothy 'Tim' W. Carpenter
- Senator, Wisconsin State Senate, District 3, 2002-present
- Candidate, Wisconsin State Senate, District 3, 2018
- President Pro Tempore, Wisconsin State Senate, 2007-2008
- Candidate, United States House of Representatives, District 4, 2004
- Assembly Member, Wisconsin State Assembly, 1984-2000
- Speaker Pro Tempore, Wisconsin State Assembly, 1993
- Economic Development, Commerce and Trade Committee, Member
- Health and Human Services Committee, Member
- Joint Committee on Information Policy and Technology, Member
- Joint Legislative Audit Committee, Member
- Transportation, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee, Member
- Employee, Federal Express
- Employee, Rustlers Steak House
- Member, Citizens Utility Board
- Member, Democratic Party of Wisconsin
- Member, Friends of Milwaukee County Parks
- Member, Jackson Park Neighborhood Association
- Member, Milwaukee Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDs) Project
- Member, Sierra Club
- Member, South Side Advancement Association
Awarded 2007 "Russ Feingold Award for Service" by the Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups, "in recognition of a strong commitment to meeting the needs of seniors in Wisconsin."
Awarded "Champion of Public Health" for the 2007-08 legislative session by the Wisconsin Public Health Association.
Awarded "Conservation Champion" for the 2007-2008 legislative session by the Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters.
A 98% lifetime "votes right" record with Labor
Named Legislator of the Year in 2003 and 2008 from Milwaukee's Shepard Express
Named Legislator of the Year in 2002 from Wisconsin Professional Fire Fighters
Awarded several "Clean 16" environmental awards
Recognition for pro-environment voting record from the Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters, Sierra Club, and Clean Wisconsin Action Fund
Falk Corp Employee
Tim Carpenter (Democrat) is a member of the Wisconsin State Senate, representing District 3. Carpenter was elected to the office in 2002.
Elected at the age of 24, Carpenter served in the Wisconsin State Assembly from 1985 until 2003. He served as the Assembly Speaker Pro Tempore in 1993.
Carpenter was a 2015 candidate for District 11 of the Milwaukee Common Council in Wisconsin. The general election took place on August 18, 2015.
Carpenter is a graduate of Pulaski High School. He received a bachelor's degree from U.W. Milwaukee and a master's degree from the La Follette Institute of U.W. Madison.
Before becoming a legislator, he held jobs at both Rustlers Steak House and Federal Express. He is one of the two openly gay Wisconsin Senators.